From senior management to our staff in the field, the Burke team is committed to providing a safe working environment that is free from hazards and complies with the standards and regulations issued by OSHA. Our executive team leads by example, placing safety practices as a priority in everything we do. Burke is devoted to being at the forefront of our industry, forging ahead to innovate, grow, and improve our safety practices to ensure the welfare of every team member involved in the project.
Burke is dedicated to designing and implementing important safety processes and practices that prioritize the wellbeing of our clients, community and team members. We work on building the client’s vision, while also establishing a job site culture that has the utmost commitment to the industry’s safety standards. Our culture creates a balance between value, quality and safety which sets the standard for our company.
At Burke, we ensure all project leaders and staff receive the highest quality and most up-to-date safety training. We staff our projects with highly skilled and knowledgeable teams that understand safety is the first priority. Teamwork is at the core of our values, as our teams possess a safety-first mindset empowering them to identify hazards, work safely, and prevent accidents. Our project teams work together to achieve success while following proper safety precautions.
As a team, we are all responsible for creating an environment that supports employee accountability and communication to ensure a safer, more productive workplace. Frequent meetings and safety walks create the opportunity for feedback and a constant discussion about how each team can contribute to a safe job site. Site safety walks and job hazard analyses indicate how effective our safety and health programs are in identifying and eliminating hazards. Burke has successfully developed a positive feedback and recognition system to showcase team members who consistently demonstrate excellent safety standards.
BURKE’S EMPLOYEE PLEDGE
As an employee of Burke Construction Group, and in accordance with one of our core values — teaching and following by example, I support an uncompromising safety culture to ensure the well-being of all employees, subcontractors, owners, and guests. I recognize that safety begins with me; and I pledge the following:
- Work safely for myself and those who love and depend on me
- Always put safety first in completing my work, never taking shortcuts
- Challenge anyone — at any level — who is not being safe and accept the same challenge
- Use the proper PPE at all times
- Know and practice all safety rules
- Stop others who are working unsafely
- Work safely as a condition of my employment
To keep our employees, trade partners and clients safe, Burke continuously provides the highest quality training for project teams. All employees are equipped with the most up-to-date information and necessary resources to provide a safe work environment at all jobsites.
- All project team members must be OSHA 30 certified and are trained to identify existing and predictable hazards. We empower our team members to mitigate safety risks and eliminate all conditions and behaviors that cause danger to any jobsite personnel.
- Before the start of every Burke project, our team holds a site-specific safety orientation which all project employees and trade partners are required to attend.
- Our safety efforts are led by a team with OSHA 500 certifications and supported by the entire executive team, because at Burke, safety is everybody’s business. We work day in and day out to resolve conflicts through proven systematic safety techniques and practices that serve best interest of all team members’ health and well-being.
Our project teams work relentlessly on and off site to ensure the safety of all parties involved. Burke’s safety committee requires all staff to complete various safety hazard identification and elimination tasks on all of our jobsites. These tasks are led by the project superintendent and involve every team member present.
- Daily Job Hazard Analyses are conducted at the start of each shift which allow team members to identify risk and eliminate all possible jobsite hazards prior to the beginning of their work day.
- Tool Box Talks are held regularly at each project site. During these meetings, team members can discuss potential hazards and solutions to eliminate all risk on a recurring basis.
- Regular project safety walks and project safety meetings are held to assist superintendents and their team members identify safety hazards as well as best practices that can be implemented to mitigate and eliminate risks.
With the help of our Virtual Design & Construction team, we implement the use of drones in our safety management program. Our drone pilots capture images of a project site prior to the start of construction, allowing the project team to draft a safety plan according to site specific logistics prior to the start of construction. This technique decreases the number of potential hazards on a job site.
A STRONG SAFETY CULTURE
PRACTICE SAFETY — THEY ARE ALL COUNTING ON US
At the end of the day our goal is: zero harm.
Our objective is: we all go home without injury or illness.
Our families, our friends, and our Company depend on us.
OUR SAFETY PRACTICES YIELD RESULTS
Burke’s dedication to a safety culture has helped us achieve many safety milestones over the years. Our continuous efforts to go above and beyond have yielded outstanding results for the health of our employees, trade partners and clients time and time again.
Maintain a Superior Experience Modification Rate (EMR) rating
Received several AGC Safety Awards
Superior results from certified 3rd party inspection safety walks
BUILDING CLIENT VISIONS SINCE 1984